Sunday, December 14, 2008

A bad time for senioritis.

Although my case of high school senioritis was about as bad as it gets--especially considering I only had four classes and then a "work study" babysitting the three cutest children alive--my college case started quite early.  I think it hit the fourth week of this semester, which is quite unfortunate considering this is my hardest semester of college yet.  I decided to take 18 credits this semester so that I only had to take 14 my final semester here.  I also decided to finish all of my requirements this semester so that next semester would be even easier.  Basically, I made this semester kind of difficult for myself.  But despite this semester's difficulty, I've managed to be a little lazy.  Don't get me wrong, I still get all of my work done--both on time and to the highest standards--but I just can't stay as focused as I have the past three years. 
I don't really know why it is either.  Granted, I'm definitely itching to get out of college but I also have become very accustomed to the safe little bubble of college.  It just seems that there is always something better on TV or one of my friends is doing something more interesting than sitting down and studying.  For example, I planned on having a hardcore study sesh when I got home fromm work last night but instead I found myself watching Sydney White (a awfully good Amanda Bynes movie that I have already seen...twice) and then going to bed at about 9:30.  I also generally spend my slow Sunday's at work flipping through my Art History flashcards, but today I bought InTouch and read up on my celebrity gossip.  It truly is horrible.  
So now my first exam is in less than 24 hours and I have LOTS of studying to do.  But then again, I calculated my grade and there is no chance that i can get below an AB.  So is it worth it for me to cram tonight to get that A?....because I did see that John Tucker Must Die was on TV...
 I just keep telling myself that I just need to get through my three exams this week and then it's off to sunny Mexico but it still seems like years from now!  
And then, what am I supposed to do next semester?  Luckily, I only have 5 classes--two of which I get to take pass/fail, one is with my favorite professor, and another is on my favorite topic (20th century European art).  Either way, I have no doubt that senioritis will kick in even harder next semester, especially since I packed all five classes in on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  
Even though I am very excited to graduate, I have a feeling (and my mom keeps telling me!) that I will be very sad to leave. 
...maybe I'll try to fail a class next semester and stay a little longer. 
...unfortunately, I don't think I could fail a class if I tried.

No comments: